Part of the financial planning process is to ensure an individual's assets pass to the desired heirs and to minimize estate taxes at death. Most estate plans are set up with the help of an attorney. We can work with the attorney of our client's choice or can refer them to some we trust in the area.
Some of the tasks of the estate plan include:
- Creating a will
- Limiting estate taxes by setting up trust accounts
- Establishing a guardian for living dependents
- Naming an executor of the estate to oversee the terms of the will
- Updating beneficiaries on plans such as life insurance, IRAs and 401(k)s
- Setting up funeral arrangements
- Establishing annual gifting to reduce the taxable estate
- Setting up durable power of attorney (POA) to direct assets
SMB Financial is owned and operated by SMB Financial Services, Inc., a registered investment advisor with the SEC. SMB Financial Services, Inc was established in 2003 and is located in the Portland, OR area.
Things to do
Contact one of our advisors
Schedule a free appointment
Read Tim & Bruce's blog
Information on this website is for educational purposes only and not intended as investment planning or advice. There is a risk in investing. Account values can go down and the principal can be lost. Not every investment is appropriate for every investor. Any guarantees mentioned are offered by specific financial institutions and not SMB Financial. Some of the information may be out of date. Please consult your own financial advisor or SMB Financial before acting on any of the information on the website. The advisor may not transact business in states where it is not registered, excluded or exempted from registration. Individualized responses to persons that involve either the effecting of transaction in securities or the rendering of personalized investment advice for compensation, will not be made without registration or exemption.